criteria for Submissions
We strive to celebrate creativity, talent and excellence. We think the criteria should be simple to understand and inspire more professionals to submit their work! However, these are not guidelines. Any submission, no matter how artistic and beautiful, violating any of the following will be disqualified. To enter your work for consideration, all hairstylist and hair colorist entrants must be licensed in the region they are applying.
1. Entries will only be accepted through this website. Ensure you include the category you are entering at the TOP of your submission, your professional name, city and state. If you work in a salon, please include the salon name and location. If you have professional social media pages, please provide your handles.
2. All submissions require a collection (separate looks) of three images. Not four or more, only three. You may use the same model, but the hair must be different (not the same hair from three different angles). Each FINAL image submitted for consideration must include both a BEFORE photo of the model, as well as a raw (before digital retouching) AFTER image, of the same.
3. Entries for Hair Colorist of the Year must include a completed head sheet diagraming color placement in addition to the above photo requirements. NO synthetic hair of any kind is allowed in this category.
4. Entries for Hair Extensionist of the Year must also include BEFORE images (2-3) of the extensions and an image of the installation process. Do not forget to include the brand name of the hair extensions in your submission.
5. Images must be high resolution and include the following credits: Model's name, hairstylist, hair colorist, makeup artist, wardrobe stylist, photographer and digital operator if used. Failure to include credits will result in disqualification.
6. We welcome you to try something different - models of ANY age, gender, and ethnicity are enthusiastically encouraged.
7. Any licensed professional interested in applying for multiple awards is invited to do so however, a collection cannot be entered in multiple categories by the same entrant. Each category must be a different collection for a single entrant. A collection may be entered in multiple categories if there were different professionals completing the work (for example, a hair colorist and a makeup artist may submit the same collection for consideration in there respective categories).
This is meant to be a fun way to express your creativity and develop your eye. If it's your first ever entry into an award category or program, celebrate your work with courage, confidence, and commitment to your craft!